Thursday, January 1, 2009

I Picked It Up and It Turned Around

It’s my first writing that is thought and written, so don’t really know how well it will come out. But I am just trying to put my thoughts together.

It’s an irony that I have faced all life, at least I think so, whenever I have chosen something keeping something in mind either that thought has changed or the thing I wished to get has changed. Don’t know whether other people have also faced the same or not. But I really feel that you always get what you deserve and what is the best for you. And we just do not know what’s right for us at any given point of time in life.

Here it goes:-

I went to buy apples in market, counted a dozen,

But as I turned around the apples turned to oranges,

I wondered but then realized it’s what I like years down the line

I went to the library to read a novel, picked up one

But I turned around to see a notebook in my hand,

I wondered but then realized it’s my base years down the line

I went to become a scientist, worked day and night

But I turned around to see myself as an engineer

I wondered but then realized it’s a learning for me years down the line

I went to meet life to start a new life, I said yes once

But as I turned around it turned away from me,

I wondered but then realized it wasn’t my cup years down the line

A thought comes to my mind, why they turned this way,

But then another thought told me, it was the best chosen for you

It’s just that it was thought for you before your realization came,

I wish to meet a joyful life, so picked my choice

But I wonder if life could listen, I do not want a turn here

No orange not notebook would do, just the best for me.

12 comments:

  1. First of all...congratulations on starting a new chapter of your life..and you could'nt hv picked a better day than the 1st of Jan :)..there are times in everyone realises that destiny hs chosen something that what we would'nt have picked out ourselves....but this is life's greatest mysteries...are we just trying to convince ourself when things dont go our way or does life always know better??
    Who knows..

    Hope to see much more of you here..keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attitude is everything... so keep expecting the best from life..and more often than not..you get it(obviously with efforts as well)
    In your words..God bless you... so you get the best life has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is quintessentially aastha :) what a day ; and what a way to start off ...

    i'l give my views piece by piece -

    The theme of your blog - the blog name, title and the background color... all make a beautiful combination ...
    specifically the color - it makes me feel; your life though in lighter shades; has a lot of hope...the color tone - somewhere bright and at some places muddy... so eager to gel well with what true life has to offer :)

    now your creation -

    I agree Life is an Irony! We start of for a destination and reach somewhere we never expected to...

    I really love the way you brought in the basics... where most of us want for apples but its the oranges that we really wish for...

    and no matter; how strongly we say that we shape our destinies... deep down there we know - "its the other way round"

    but such is human nature that we derive the best from what destiny has to offer yet keep striving for what we believe is rightfully ours ... who wins in this battle of destiny and human nature ... is an open-ended question :)

    Columbus started off to discover India... but reached the West-Indies instead... destiny sure has a plan

    but yes as you have aptly put
    "I wish to meet a joyful life, so picked my choice... But I wonder if life could listen, I do not want a turn here... No orange not notebook would do, just the best for me."

    thats what keep us going... and thats what makes life so beautiful and so worth living..

    i enjoyed reading this.. and making my own philosophical interpretations :)

    you could have done better in the punctuation deptt. some lines had to be read twice to comprehend the meaning :)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi aastha

    Its a nice article you have written...Interestingly over a last couple of days some totally weird things have happended with me.....which made me wonder was this what i had planned for....dont know if you too had some weird unexpected experiences :-) ... but i cant just help to agree with everything you wrote....

    Abhishek..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. didnt want to read the blog firstly...then when i read it,didnt want to write a post ..bt i ended up doing that also.. so i guess u are write in saying life is an irony , nd u better be expecting the unexpected... nice one gal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, congrats for such great initiative u took to express urself and ur "straight from the gut" piece of work.

    Nice attempt to glance at unprecedented behavior of life. But for this behavior...is this fine to put all the blame to life for all these changes or should i say ur desires have changed with time. If latter is the case, then i think it is u who is turning around and not life.
    So fetching a joyful life is all in ur hands and not in the hands of life or surroundings.

    Cheers
    Puneet

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. look and feel of blog is really really good... Congrats...
    It is good to accept whatever we get from life, but sometimes we should be little stubborn to get what we want from it, otherwise later in life we feel not that happy(which we deserve).

    Be little stubborn(just little) to get what u want..
    With best wishes to get what u want from life this year...

    Saurabh

    ReplyDelete
  12. this post as expected holds true today :)

    ReplyDelete